Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Love and Skate

Love and Skate
by Lila Felix


On the rink she’s tough, she’s a leader, she’s fast and she’s the epitome of a rebellious girl. But Nellie’s been hurt, only once, but it was enough to make her look at life through different eyes and off the rink she’s a timid girl who loves with no pretenses.

A long time ago Owen Black was betrayed by the girl he thought he loved and the guy he called his best friend. The anguish set off a domino effect of negativity in his life and he never has fully recovered. He meets Nellie Forrester and thinks he can let it go for her. 
But how can you love someone when the wounds from your past are still wide open?


I cannot even begin to tell you guys just how much I loved this book. It is literally beyond words, but I am going to try. 

I absolutely, 100%, positively, L-O-V-E-D this book! Now, I know I say that a lot, but as we all know, you will only find reviews written by me for this blog, ONLY if I LOVED the book. Therefore, that explains why you are now reading this review. Now, according to Amazon, I can only give a book 5 stars, but in the case of this book, I feel that all the stars in the universe should be awarded to this story. 

Love and Skate is steamy, it's beautiful, it's heartbreaking, and it has a resolution unlike any other. I wanted to literally crawl into this book and wrap both Nellie and Owen in my arms and tell them that they could get through anything. I wanted to kiss Falcon smack on the lips (Don't judge me, read the book, you'll see) on several occasions, because the guy was just too much of a mess and he made me giggle. I found myself wanting to nail Nellie's mother to the wall, and believe me, you might want to as well. That woman is... well, she's... Okay, just read it for yourself. You'll see. And I absolutely adored Owen's parents, and now I have this need to find out Sylvia's recipe for lemon cheesecake and make it for myself!

It's hard to find too many things that I can share with you that won't give anything away, so let me share with you one of my favorite lines in this book. I think I laughed for a good 3 minutes afterward...

"We spent the next day skating. Well, I skated and Owen tried but honestly he looked like the Hulk trying to glide on a Hot Wheels car."<----Funny stuff, right??? This book is filled with stuff like this. I swear.

Now, I will admit that there were a few times when I wanted to scream at them that they were moving too quickly, but in all honesty, if things had happened any slower, it wouldn't have captured my heart the way it did, and it certainly wouldn't have left me aching when the inevitable happened. I literally finished the book with tears in my eyes. Unshed ones, but tears are tears, right? 

Again, I'll tell you that this book sank into my heart and touched my soul. And it made me was a new tattoo, spider bite piercings and blue, pink, and purple hair! I'm not even kidding. It's my second favorite book of the fall (2012) and I hope you will all give it a try! You'll thank me. You have my word!

Also, be sure to check out the links below to get to know more about Lila Felix and her books! You'll also find the purchase links for Love and Skate below as well. Thanks for stopping by!!! 














No comments:

Post a Comment