Sunday, April 14, 2013

ARC Review of No Attachments

Ashton Garrison walked away from a privileged life in order to hide from the one thing she's not willing to face. She knows she left behind a trail of pain, but in the long run, her betrayal will hurt less than the truth. She now has one goal: Live life to the fullest with no regrets and no attachments. She has high hopes that a move to new surroundings will provide the escape she desires, but what Ashton doesn't count on is how fate always seems to find a way to screw up any good plan. Sometimes, when love comes knocking, the pull is too strong not to answer. Suddenly, what she thought she wanted to escape from is what Ashton now wants more than anything.

Nathan Lockton has one mission: find his target and complete the task he was hired to do—no attachments and no emotion necessary. He's done it over and over again. What he thought was a typical lost-and-found job has turned into a life examining moment as Nathan is forced to deal with something he has always ignored--his feelings. Now faced with a decision, Nathan must choose to either follow his heart or complete the job.

Love can come when you least expect it. The question is: If the odds are stacked against you, how far are you willing to go for the one you love?


Dear Readers, 

I have just finished reading this beautiful book by the wonderful Tiffany King. Now, while I would absolutely love to tell you that this book is one of her best yet, I cannot truthfully say that. What I can tell you is that I loved it, and as per usual, I cannot wait to read more of her books. Why? Because she knows how to freaking write!!! 

Now, I have to take a minute to explain why I don't feel like this is her best book yet. Mostly, it's because I found myself feeling more detached from the story that I normally do. While there were several touching moments, and I felt for both Nathan and Ashton, I also found myself unsurprised at what was happening. I think a lot of that stemmed from the fact that by chapter 5, I knew the secret of the story, and was therefore left feeling like I'd seen the end of the movie before I'd watched the beginning. It's tragic, really, and not in any way Tiffany's fault. 

This book gets 4 blue butterflies from me. Why? Because of the reasons I gave above. That and I wanted more depth. I felt like I didn't get to know Nathan the way I wanted to. There wasn't enough vulnerability from him. He was just Nathan and he was there. I wanted to know so much more about him, and I feel like I didn't get that. I didn't get to fall in love with him.

All that aside though, this is a really good book, one that I would definitely recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment